The NDN project team compiles and publishes this newsletter periodically to inform the community about recent activities, technical news, meetings, publications, presentations, code releases, and upcoming events. You can find these newsletters posted on the Named Data Networking Project blog.
- We held the 5th NDN Hackathon on December 16-17, 2017 at the University of California, Los Angeles, CA. For more information about the projects and their outcomes, please see the 5th NDN Hackathon page.
- We held the 6th NDN Hackathon on May 12-13, 2018 at Florida National University. For more information about the projects and their outcomes, please see the 6th NDN Hackathon page for details.
- We will be discussing NDN at the IEEE International Conference on Communications (IEEE ICC) on May 20-240, 2018 in Kansas City, MO. For information about the program, see the IEEE ICC page.
- The next Named Data Networking Community Meeting (NDNcomm) will be hosted by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) on September 19 and 20, 2018 at NIST in Gaithersburg, MD. Registration is now open until September 12, 2018. For more information see the NIST events page.
- We released version 0.6.2 of Named Data Networking Forwarding Daemon (NFD) and ndn-cxx library.
The detailed NFD release notes and ndn-cxx library release notes are available.More details about NFD, tutorials, HOWTOs, a FAQ and other useful resources are available on official webpages of NFD and ndn-cxx.
NDN Publications, Presentations, and Technical Reports
- Kevin Chan, Bongjun Ko, Spyridon Mastorakis, Alexander Afanasyev, and Lixia Zhang, “Fuzzy Interest Forwarding“, in Proceedings of Asian Internet Engineering Conference (AINTEC), November 2017 (won AINTEC best paper award).
- Xin Xu, Haitao Zhang, Tianxiang Li, Lixia Zhang, “Achieving Resilient Data Availability in Wireless Sensor Networks” published in the proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications, May 2018.
- Teng Liang, Beichuan Zhang, “Enabling Off-the-grid Communication for Existing Applications: A Case Study of Email Access” published in the proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications, May 2018.
- Susmit Shannigrahi, Chengyu Fan and Christos Papadopoulos, “Named Data Networking Strategies for Improving Large Scientific Data Transfers” published in the proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications, May 2018.
- NDN TR-21 Revision 8: Alexander Afanasyev, Junxiao Shi, Beichuan Zhang, Lixia Zhang, Ilya Moiseenko, Yingdi Yu, Wentao Shang, Yanbiao Li, Spyridon Mastorakis, Yi Huang, Jerald Paul Abraham, Eric Newberry, Steve DiBenedetto, Chengyu Fan, Christos Papadopoulos, Davide Pesavento, Giulio Grassi, Giovanni Pau, Hang Zhang, Tian Song, Haowei Yuan, Hila Ben Abraham, Patrick Crowley, Syed Obaid Amin, Vince Lehman, Muktadir Chowdhury, and Lan Wang, “NFD Developer’s Guide” to help developers extend and improve NFD, this document explains NFD’s internals including overal design, major modules, their implementations, and their interactions.
- NDN TR-45: Yanbiao Li, Alexander Afanasyev, Junxiao Shi, Haitao Zhang, Zhiyi Zhang, Tianxiang Li, Edward Lu, Beichuan Zhang, Lan Wang, and Lixia Zhang, “NDN Automatic Prefix Propagation” on automatic prefix propagation protocol, an alternative to running a full-featured routing protocol on host machines connected to the NDN network via one or multiple NDN gateway routers.
- NDN TR-56: Wentao Shang, Alexander Afanasyev, and Lixia Zhang, “VectorSync: Distributed Dataset Synchronization over Named Data Networking” on VectorSync, a new realization of the distributed dataset synchronization protocol that provides an important abstraction for multi-party data-centric communication in the NDN architecture.
- NDN TR-57 Revision 2: Zhiyi Zhang, Yingdi Yu, Haitao Zhang, Eric Newberry, Spyridon Mastorakis, Yanbiao Li, Alexander Afanasyev, and Lixia Zhang, “An Overview of Security Support in Named Data Networking” on the security mechanisms in the Named Data Networking (NDN) architecture that have been developed over the past seven years.
- Lan Wang, Vince Lehman, A K M Mahmudul Hoque, Yingdi Yu, Beichuan Zhang, Lixia Zhang, “A Secure Link State Routing Protocol for NDN” published on IEEE Access Volume 6, Jan 2018.
The NDN seminars are internally focused. If you would like to participate in the NDN Seminars, please contact the PoC, UCLA PhD. candidate Spyridon Mastorakis <Spiros.firstname.lastname@example.org> for the most up-to-date information regarding upcoming seminars.
For more information about the Named Data Networking (NDN) Project please visit http://www.named-data.net/.Social tagging: hackathon > ndn-cxx > ndncomm > nfd > nist > technical report