The NDN project team compiles and publishes this newsletter periodically to inform the community about recent activities, technical news, meetings, publications, presentations, code releases, and upcoming events. You can find these newsletters posted on the Named Data Networking Project blog.
- This month we unveiled the first version of the Mini-NDN website with documentation, release notes, tutorials, hackathon projects, and more. Point your browser at http://minindn.memphis.edu/ and see what’s new.
- We announced the release of version 0.6.0 of Named Data Networking Forwarding Daemon (NFD) and ndn-cxx library. Please find detailed release notes for NFD and release notes for ndn-cxx. More details about NFD, source code, install instructions, tutorials, HOWTOs, a FAQ and other useful resources are available on the official webpages of NFD and ndn-cxx.
- Version 0.6.0 of NFD and ndn-cxx code support a new “security v2” which includes a new “certificate v2” format and a security API using the Pib and Tpm classes. So, the Common Client Libraries have been updated to support the same security API. You can pull the latest from GitHub for the following libraries. (NDN-JS updates are coming soon.) After a little more testing, we will tag a new release. ndn-cpp – PyNDN2 – jndn – ndn.net
- We are pleased to announce the release of ndnSIM version 2.4, a new release of the NDN simulator. The new version includes the updated submodules of NFD and ndn-cxx (based on version 0.6.0) and the latest version of NS-3. For more details about the release, refer to the ndnSIM release notes. Source code, instruction how to install how to compile ndnSIM, tutorials, FAQs, and other useful resources are available on the official ndnSIM website.
NDN Publications, Presentations, and Technical Reports
- Tamer Rafaei (The MITRE Corporation), Lixia Zhang (UCLA), Alex Afanasyev (Florida International University), “NDN Tutorial presented at MILCOM (2017)” includes:
- Introduction (Tamer Rafaei)
- An Overview of Named Data Networking (Lixia Zhang)
- NDN Codebase and Tools (Alex Afanasyev)
- Evaluating NDN in Notional Tactical Networks (Tamer Rafaei)
- Named Data Networking of Secure Things (Alex Afanasyev)
- Data-Centric Battlefield (Tamer Rafaei)
See the Seminars slides and video.
- The NDN seminars are internally focused. If you would like to participate in the NDN Seminars, please contact the PoC, UCLA PhD. candidate Spyridon Mastorakis <Spiros.email@example.com> for the most up-to-date information regarding upcoming seminars.
The NDN seminars are internally focused. If you would like to participate in the NDN Seminars, please contact the PoC, UCLA PhD. candidate Spyridon Mastorakis <Spiros.firstname.lastname@example.org> for the most up-to-date information regarding upcoming seminars.
- 18 October 2017, Hila Ben Abraham (Washington University in St. Louis) “Decoupling Information and Connectivity in Information-Centric Networking”
- 8 November 2017 @ 1pm (PT), Ashlesh Gawande, University of Memphis “Publish-Subscribe Communication in Building Management Systems over Named Data Networking
- IEEE ICC 2018 ICN-SRA Workshop – CALL FOR PAPERSIEEE ICC 2018 3rd Workshop on Information Centric Networking Solutions for Real World Applications
May 20, 2018, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Paper Registration Deadline: JANUARY 3, 2018 (11:59PM PDT)
For more information about the Named Data Networking (NDN) Project please visit http://www.named-data.net/.Social tagging: mini-ndn > ndn > ndn seminar > ndn-cxx > ndn-js > ndnSIM > ndnSIM 2.0 > nfd > pyndn > tutorial