The NDN project team compiles and publishes this newsletter monthly to inform the community about recent activities, technical news, meetings, publications, presentations, code releases, and upcoming events. You can find these newsletters posted on the Named Data Networking Project blog.
- PI Van Jacobson presented the keynote at the 2nd ACM Conference on Information-Centric Networking (ICN 2015). PI Jeff Burke sat on a panel that discussed ICN roadmaps for the next two years. See the full program and papers for details.
- For those who missed the NDN Community Meeting (NDNComm 2015) held last month at the University of California at Los Angeles campus, you can view most of the slides online. You can view the presentations on YouTube: Day 1 (Sept 28) Livestream and Day 2 (Sept 29) Livestream.We will publish a report summarizing the meeting soon.
- The NDN Testbed has grown to 26 Nodes with 66 links using NLSR costs. To see the latest information, check the status page. To see the bandwidth usage, see the Bandwidth Map.
- We announced beta 2 of version 0.4.0 of Named Data Networking Forwarding Daemon (NFD) and ndn-cxx library.More details about NFD, source code, install instructions, tutorials, HOWTOs, a FAQ and other useful resources are available on the official webpages of NFD and ndn-cxx. The latest version of NFD developer’s guide is also available.
- We encourage users to download and try the latest version of NdnCon. This month, Peter Gusev and Jiachen Wang of UCLA REMAP held online office hours to help users install and use NdnCon. Please see the following page for instructions on how to use NdnCon.