The NDN project team compiles and publishes this newsletter monthly to inform the community about recent activities, technical news, meetings, publications, presentations, code releases, and upcoming events. You can find these newsletters posted on the Named Data Networking Project blog.
- The NDN Testbed has grown to 31 Nodes with 84 links. Since our last newsletter, four new sites have connected to the NDN Testbed; University of Goettingen, University of Indonesia, Osaka University, and the University of Minho in Portugal. See the complete list at http://named-data.net/ndn-testbed/.
- We released version 0.4.0 of Named Data Networking Forwarding Daemon (NFD) and ndn-cxx library. Please see the detailed release notes for NFD and the release notes for ndn-cxx library. More details about NFD, source code, install instructions, tutorials, HOWTOs, a FAQ and other useful resources are available on the official webpages of NFD and ndn-cxx.
- We announced the release of version 0.2.2 of Named Data Link State Routing Protocol (NLSR). Detailed release notes for NLSR are available. More information about NLSR, tutorials, installation and configuration guides, and other useful resources are available on the official webpage of NLSR.
- We published the alpha version of NFD on Android to Google Play store, based on the recently released NFD version 0.4.0. This first release has limited documentation. We welcome help in any form: bug reports and feature requests submitted to redmine, patches, bug fixes, feature implementations, documentation and updates. To opt-in to the alpha testing and to download the NFD app, open https://play.google.com/apps/testing/net.named_data.nfd on your Android device. Source code for the port is available on GitHub: https://github.com/named-data-mobile/NFD-android
NDN Publications, Presentations, and Technical Reports
- NDN TR-0036 Revision 1: Wentao Shang, Yingdi Yu, Teng Liang, Beichuan Zhang, and Lixia Zhang. “NDN-ACE: Access Control for Constrained Environments over Named Data Networking” presents NDN-ACE, a lightweight access control protocol for constrained environments over Named Data Networking (NDN).
- NDN TR-0037 Revision 1: Vince Lehman, A K M Mahmudul Hoque, Yingdi Yu, Lan Wang, Beichuan Zhang and Lixia Zhang. “A Secure Link State Routing Protocol for NDN” describes the Named-data Link State Routing protocol (NLSR), an intra-domain routing protocol for Named Data Networking (NDN).
- Our NDN Seminar series will continue this semester. The NDN seminars are internally focused. We have a poll out to PIs to select the most popular time slot for presentations. If you would like to participate in the NDN Seminars, please contact the new PoC, UCLA PhD. candidate Spyridon Mastorakis <Spiros.email@example.com> for the most up-to-date information regarding upcoming seminars.
- University of Arizona PhD student, Junxiao Shi introduced NFD-Windows, Microsoft Windows builds of the NDN software. This project started during the NDNcomm2015 hackathon. With the release of NFD 0.4.0 with face refactoring, NDN builds and runs on Microsoft Windows.NFD-Windows currently offers the following programs: ndnsec, nfd, nfdc, nfd-status, ndnpeek, ndnpoke, ndnping, ndnpingserver, ndn-dissect, and infoedit. For details and download, see https://yoursunny.com/p/NFD-Windows/.
For more information about the Named Data Networking (NDN) Project please visit http://www.named-data.net/.Social tagging: ndn project retreat > ndn-cxx > nfd > nfd-windows > nlsr > retreat > testbed