The NDN project team compiles and publishes this newsletter periodically to inform the community about recent activities, technical news, meetings, publications, presentations, code releases, and upcoming events. You can find these newsletters posted on the Named Data Networking Project blog.
- In August the NDN team released an updated statement regarding the team’s perspective on IPR and licensing of NDN and related ICN technologies. The post includes a discussion of the history of IPR and licensing in NDN, as well as the relationship to CCN, in response to community questions and in relation to the “harmonization” activity in ICNRG. Please see the updated statement on the NDN web site.
- NDN lead PI Lixia Zhang presented the keynote address at the 11th International Conference on Future Internet Technologies: “Looking Back, Looking Forward: Why We Need a New Internet Architecture“, June 2016.
- Coming up later this month, the NDN Team will present a full-day tutorial on “Exploring NDN Research through Real World Problem Solving” at the 3rd ACM Conference on Information Centric Networking (ICN 2016). See below for additional NDN team papers, posters, and panels at ACM Information Centric Networking (ICN), Sept. 26-28, 2016.
- Coming up in December 2016, adjacent to IEEE Globecom 2016 at the Workshop on Information Centric Networking Solutions for Real World Applications (ICNSRA 2016) in Washington D.C., the NDN team will present two publications (listed below) as well as participate on a panel discussing “Application of ICN in Infrastructure-Free Environments: Rural Areas, Disaster Recovery, and Military Tactical Environments.
- Save the date: We have revised our plans to host the next NDNComm at the University of Memphis March 22-24, 2017 immediately preceding IETF 98 in Chicago. We look forward to seeing you there and will share more details as they become available.
- We are pleased to announce the release of version 0.3.0 of Named-data Link State Routing Protocol (NLSR). You can find more information about NLSR, tutorials, installation and configuration guides the official webpage of NLSR.
NDN Publications, Presentations, and Technical Reports
- “NDN-NIC: Name-based Filtering on Network Interface Card“, by Junxiao Shi, Teng Liang, Hao Wu, Bin Liu, Beichuan Zhang, ACM Information Centric Networking Conference (ICN 2016), September 2016.
- “A Practical Congestion Control Scheme for Named Data Networking“, by Klaus Schneider, Cheng Yi, Beichuan Zhang, Lixia Zhang, ACM Information Centric Networking Conference (ICN 2016), September 2016.
- “Sharing mHealth Data via Named Data Networking“, by Haitao Zhang, Zhehao Wang, Jeff Burk, Lixia Zhang, ACM Information Centric Networking Conference (ICN 2016), September 2016.
- ICN 2016 Poster: MicroForwarder.js: an NDN Forwarder Extension for Web Browsers by Wentao Shang (UCLA), Jeff Thompson (UCLA).
- ICN 2016 Poster: In-Network Retransmissions in Named Data Networking Hila Ben Abraham (Washington University in St. Louis), Patrick Crowley (Washington University in St. Louis).
- ICN 2016 Panel: Five Years Later: Critical research challenges in ICN five years after the first ACM ICN workshop. Bengt Ahlgren (SICS), Giovanna Carofiglio (Cisco), Toru Hasegawa (Osaka University), Marc Mosko (PARC), Christian Tschudin +(University of Basel), Lixia Zhang (UCLA)
- “Real-time streaming data delivery over Named Data Networking“, by Peter Gusev, Zhehao Wang, Jeff Burke, Lixia Zhang, Eiichi Muramoto, Ryota Ohnishi, and Takahiro Yoneda. Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engeineers (IEICE) Transactions on Communication, May 2016.
- “The Design and Implementation of the NDN Protocol Stack for RIOT-OS“, by Wentao Shang, Alexander Afanasyev, and Lixia Zhang, IEEE GLOBECOM 2016 Information Centric Networking Solutions for Real World Applications (ICNSRA 2016), to appear December 2016.
- “Supporting Multi-dimensional Naming for NDN Applications”, by Shuai Gao and Hongke Zhang, Beichuan Zhang, GLOBECOM Workshop on Information Centric Networking Solutions for Real World Applications (ICNSRA 2016), to appear December 2016.
- “Content-Based Security for the Web”, by Yingdi Yu, Daniel Zappala, Lixia Zhang, Alexander Afanasyev, J. Alex Halderman, Scott Ruoti, and Kent Seamons, ACM New Security Paradigms Workshop (NSPW), to appear September 2016.
- “An Experimental Investigation of Hyperbolic Routing with a Smart Forwarding Plane in NDN“, by Vince Lehman, Ashlesh Gawande, Rodrigo Aldecoa, Dmitri Krioukov, Beichuan Zhang, Lixia Zhang, and Lan Wang, IEEE/ACM International Workshop on Quality of Service (IWQoS), June 2016. Extended by TR NDN-0042 (below)
- “Improving the Freshness of NDN Forwarding States“, by Jianxun Cao, Dan Pei, Zhelun Wu, Xiaoping Zhang, Beichuan Zhang, Lan Wang, and Youjian Zhao, IFIP Networking Conference and Workshops, May 2016.
- NDN TR-40 Revision 1: “NDN DeLorean: An Authentication System for Data Archives in Named Data Networking“, by Yingdi Yu, Alexander Afanasyev, Lixia Zhang, Named Data Networking Technical Report, May 24, 2016
- NDN TR-41 Revision 1: “Hop-By-Hop Best Effort Link Layer Reliability in Named Data Networking“, by Satyanarayana Vusirikala, Spyridon Mastorakis, Alexander Afanasyev, Lixia Zhang Named Data Networking Technical Report, August 26, 2016
- NDN TR-42 Revision 1:”An Experimental Investigation of Hyperbolic Routing with a Smart Forwarding Plane in NDN“, by Vince Lehman, Ashlesh Gawande, Rodrigo Aldecoa, Dmitri Krioukov, Beichuan Zhang, Lixia Zhang, and Lan Wang, Named Data Networking Technical Report, July 6, 2016
The NDN seminars are internally focused. If you would like to participate in the NDN Seminars, please contact the PoC, UCLA PhD. candidate Spyridon Mastorakis
- 2 June 2016 Klaus Schneider (University of Arizona), “Practical Congestion Control for NDN”
For more information about the Named Data Networking (NDN) Project please visit http://www.named-data.net/.Social tagging: acm icn > acm icn conference > ndn > ndn seminar > ndncomm > technical report