The NDN project team compiles and publishes this newsletter monthly to inform the community about recent activities, technical news, meetings, publications, presentations, code releases, and upcoming events. You can find these newsletters posted on the Named Data Networking Project blog.
- NDN-NP project PI, Lixia Zhang, and Postdoctoral Fellow, Alex Afanasyev, participated in the IETF Information-Centric Networking Research Group (ICNRG) Interim Meeting in Dallas, TX on 22 March. See below for details and a pointer to slides.
- The NDN Testbed added a new node in Norway at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) to bring the total to 24 nodes. Currently, we have nodes in 9 different countries. We have two additional approved nodes that we will add soon. You can see the current status of the testbed at and the real time bandwidth usage.
- We released version 0.3.1 of Named Data Networking Forwarding Daemon (NFD) and ndn-cxx library. More details about NFD, tutorials, HOWTOs, a FAQ and other useful resources are available on official webpages of NFD and ndn-cxx.The detailed release notes:
- We released version 0.4 of jNDN, the NDN Common Client Library for Java. We added automatic support for remote prefix registration for non-local face connections to NFD. We also added preliminary support for LocalControlHeader. For details, see the web page at http://redmine.named-data.net/projects/nfd/wiki/FaceMgmt#Enable-a-LocalControlHeader-feature
- We posted a new version of NdnCon (v0.4.2). We do not yet recommend it as a reliable subsitute for existing conferencing tools, however, we hope to soon satisfy the NDN NP project’s immediate needs (reliable audio prioritized over smooth HD video).
NDN Publications, Presentations, and Technical Reports
- “SNAMP: Secure Namespace Mapping to Scale NDN Forwarding” A. Afanasyev, C. Yi, L. Wang, B. Zhang, and L. Zhang, to be presented at 18th IEEE Global Internet Symposium, April 2015.
- “Navigo: Interest Forwarding by Geolocations in Vehicular Named Data Networking” Giulio Grassi, Davide Pesavento, Giovanni Pau, Lixia Zhang, Serge Fdida to be presented at IEEE WoWMoM, June 2015.
- “Named Data Networking in Climate Research and HEP Applications” S. Shannigrahi, A. Barczuk, C. Papadopoulos, A. Sim, I. Monga, H. Newman, J. Wu, and E. Yeh. To appear, 21st International Conference on Computing in High Energy and Nuclear Physics (CHEP2015), Okinawa Japan, April 2015.
- Alex Afanasyev presented, “ICN Packet Format Design Requirements” at Information-Centric Networking Research Group (ICNRG) Interim Meeting Dallas, TX, March 22, 2015.
- Our NDN Seminar series started up again during March. These seminars are internally focused. We usually hold these seminars on Wednesday from 2-3p (PST). So, if you would like to be included in the NDN Seminars, please contact Jongdeog Lee <firstname.lastname@example.org> for the most up-to-date information regarding upcoming seminars.
- March 18th (Wed) Alex Afanasyev presented: Introduction to ndnSIM 2.0
- Upcoming seminar: April 1st (Wed) 2:00pm – 3:00pm (PT) : NDN remote registration
- Kuo, AnChe (Schwannden) posted to the ndn-app mailing list to share some work on porting NDN to Galileo. Galileo is Intel’s x86 Arduino-certified development board.
For more information about the Named Data Networking (NDN) Project please visit http://www.named-data.net/Social tagging: jndn > ndn > ndn seminar > ndn-cxx > ndncon > ndnSIM > newsletter > nfd > project > redmine > video