The NDN project team compiles and publishes this newsletter monthly to inform the community about recent activities, technical news, meetings, publications, presentations, code releases, and upcoming events. You can find these newsletters posted on the Named Data Networking Project blog.
- NDN-NP project PI, Lixia Zhang, and Postdoctoral Fellow, Alex Afanasyev, participated in the IETF Information-Centric Networking Research Group (ICNRG) Interim Meeting in Dallas, TX on 22 March. See below for details and a pointer to slides.
- The NDN Testbed added a new node in Norway at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) to bring the total to 24 nodes. Currently, we have nodes in 9 different countries. We have two additional approved nodes that we will add soon. You can see the current status of the testbed at and the real time bandwidth usage.
- We released version 0.3.1 of Named Data Networking Forwarding Daemon (NFD) and ndn-cxx library. More details about NFD, tutorials, HOWTOs, a FAQ and other useful resources are available on official webpages of NFD and ndn-cxx.The detailed release notes:
- We released version 0.4 of jNDN, the NDN Common Client Library for Java. We added automatic support for remote prefix registration for non-local face connections to NFD. We also added preliminary support for LocalControlHeader. For details, see the web page at http://redmine.named-data.net/projects/nfd/wiki/FaceMgmt#Enable-a-LocalControlHeader-feature
- We posted a new version of NdnCon (v0.4.2). We do not yet recommend it as a reliable subsitute for existing conferencing tools, however, we hope to soon satisfy the NDN NP project’s immediate needs (reliable audio prioritized over smooth HD video).