The NDN project team compiles and publishes this newsletter monthly to inform the community about recent activities, technical news, meetings, publications, presentations, code releases, and upcoming events. You can find these newsletters posted in the Named Data Network’s Monthly Newsletters.
We posted two new NDN FAQ videos:
- Lan Wang, Associate Professor of Computer Science at University of Memphis answers the question, “What routing strategies are being explored for NDN?“
- David Clark, Senior Research Scientist at MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab addresses the question, “Why should future internet architecture research be application driven?“
See all the NDN FAQ videos at: https://vimeo.com/channels/ndnvfaq
- We announced the release of version 0.3.0 of Named Data Networking Forwarding Daemon (NFD) and ndn-cxx library.
We also have updated the NFD developer’s guide to match the new release.
- We announced new versions of NdnCon version 0.4.0 and NDN-RTC version 1.1.0.You can find on the updated wiki page for NdnCon:
- We announced the release of an updated version of NDN File System (ndnfs), along with a Firefox NDN add-on used to access retreat documents via NDN. The NDNFS file system provides a file access interface and stores files as well as their network-related metadata for remote access via NDN. Please see the technical report “NDNFS: An NDN-friendly File System“
- We also internally distributed and tested a Firefox browser add-on using NDN-JS used for easy access to files.
- We released version 0.3 of jNDN, the NDN Common Client LIbrary for Java.One major change comes in the form of support for the Maven build system, which can automatically include jNDN as a dependency from the Maven Central Repository:
This release includes other changes. See the jNDN CHANGELOG for details.
- We released the Android version of NFD, available publicly at https://github.com/named-data/NFD-android
- A group at Orange SA announced the first release of a tool, lurch, for conducting experimental research with NDN. The group has used the tool to successfully run NDN experiments in a large grid. The lurch tool applies equally well to test smaller experiments in a local cluster of servers.Please find the source and related documentation at http://systemx.enst.fr/lurch
- Intel released three Java libraries based on jndn that they use to simplify some NDN functionality. The source for the tools have been released under LGPLv3 and can be pulled in to any Maven project from the Central Repository. Andrew Brown would appreciate feedback, suggestions, and pull requests.
NDN Publications, Presentations, and Technical Reports
- NFD Developer’s Guide. Alexander Afanasyev, et al. NDN Technical Report NDN-0021.
- Map-and-Encap for Scaling NDN Routing. Alexander Afanasyev, Cheng Yi, Lan Wang, Beichuan Zhang, and Lixia Zhang. NDN, Technical Report NDN-0004.
- ndnSIM 2.0: A new version of the NDN simulator for NS-3. Spyridon Mastorakis, Alexander Afanasyev, Ilya Moiseenko, and Lixia Zhang. NDN, Technical Report NDN-0028.
- Our NDN Seminar series has been on hiatus but will start again soon. These seminars are internally focused. We usually hold these seminars on Wednesday from 2-3p (PST). So, if you would like to be included in the NDN Seminars, please contact Jongdeog Lee for the most up-to-date information regarding upcoming seminars.
- Amin Karami, Manel Guerrero-Zapata, “An ANFIS-based cache replacement method for mitigating cache pollution attacks in Named Data Networking“, Computer Architecture Department (DAC), Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya (UPC), Campus Nord, Jordi Girona 1-3, 08034 Barcelona, Spain.
- “Named Data Networking project wants to retire TCP/IP” by David Greer
- Collaborators at Tsinghua University, Zhongxing Ming, Huibin Wang, Mingwei Xu, Dai Pan, published the paper, “Efficient handover in railway networking via named data“, International Journal of Machine Learning and Cybernetics. February 2015, Volume 6, Issue 1, pp 167-173 Date: 14 Jul 2014
For more information about the Named Data Networking (NDN) Project please visit http://www.named-data.net/.Social tagging: cybernetics > DAC > dai pan > david clark > developer guide > jndn > jndn-management > jndn-mock > jndn-utils > manel guerrero-zapata > ndn-cxx > ndn-js > ndn-rtc > ndncon > ndnfs > ndnSIM > newsletter > nfd-android > project > railway networking > routing strategies > scaling ndn routing > technical report > tsinghua university > university of memphis > UPC > video faq