The NDN project team compiles and publishes this newsletter monthly to inform the community about recent activities, technical news, meetings, publications, presentations, code releases, and upcoming events. You can find these newsletters posted on the Named Data Networking Project blog.
- Plans and agenda continue to firm up for the NDN Community Meeting (NDNcomm 2015) to be held at the University of California at Los Angeles campus in the Little Theater, MacGowan Hall, UCLA on 28-29 September 2015. Those interested are still invited to register for NDNcomm 2015, but we will likely be unable to support further requests to present.
- Hackathon: 26-27 September 2015. We are excited to announce the first NDN hackathon scheduled prior to the upcoming NDNcomm 2015. The organizers welcome participants across all experience levels and are reaching out to the community for project suggestions. If you have an idea for a project, please see the Call for Projects and email Steve DiBenedetto (email@example.com).
Project representatives will pitch their ideas to hackathon attendees and act as guides/mentors. We also plan projects suitable for NDN newcomers. Please stay refer to the NDNcomm 2015 Hackathon Participant Guide. We hope to see you in LA!
- We announced the release of version 0.3.4 of Named Data Networking Forwarding Daemon (NFD) and ndn-cxx library. Please find detailed release notes for NFD and the release notes for the ndn-cxx library. More details about NFD, source code, install instructions, tutorials, HOWTOs, a FAQ and other useful resources are available on the official webpages of NFD and ndn-cxx and the latest version of NFD developer’s guide.
- We posted a new version of NdnCon (v0.4.3). We do not yet recommend it as a reliable substitute for existing conferencing tools, however, we hope to soon satisfy the NDN NP project’s immediate needs (reliable audio prioritized over smooth HD video).
- ChronoChat-js version v0.3 has been updated to use the ChronoSync2013 class in NDN-JS. It can register with a remote NFD if NFD is configured to allow localhop. You can try the online demo.
NDN Publications, Presentations, and Technical Reports
- A. Afanasyev, Z. Zhu, Y. Yu, L. Wang, and L. Zhang, “The Story of ChronoShare, or How NDN Brought Distributed Secure File Sharing Back,” in IEEE MASS 2015 Workshop on Content-Centric Networks (accepted), October 2015
Our NDN Seminar series continued during July. The NDN seminars are internally focused. We usually hold these seminars on Wednesday from 2-3p (PST). So, if you would like to be included in the NDN Seminars, please contact Jongdeog Lee
- August 12th Susmit Shannigrahi and Chengyu Fan (Colorado State Univ.) presented: NDN for Scientific Data Applications
- August 26th Eva M. Castro and Pedro de las Heras Quiros (Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Spain) presented: Redesign of ChronoSync
- Syed Hassan Ahmed, Safdar Hussain Bouk and Dongkyun Kim “RUFS: RobUst Forwarder Selection in Vehicular Content-centric Networks” IEEE Communications Letters, July, 2015.
- S. H. Bouk, Syed Hassan Ahmed and Dongkyun Kim “Vehicular Content Centric Network (VCCN): A Survey and Research Challenges” ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, (ACM SAC), Salamanca, Spain, 2015.
- S. H. Bouk, Syed Hassan Ahmed and Dongkyun Kim “Hierarchical and Hash-based Naming Scheme for Vehicular Information Centric Networks”, IEEE International Conference on Connected Vehicles and Expo, (ICCVE), Austria, 2014.
For more information about the Named Data Networking (NDN) Project please visit http://www.named-data.net/.Social tagging: chronochat > hackathon > ndn > ndn np consortium > ndn seminar > ndncomm > ndncon