The NDN project team compiles and publishes this newsletter periodically to inform the community about recent activities, technical news, meetings, publications, presentations, code releases, and upcoming events. You can find these newsletters posted on the Named Data Networking Project blog.
- We held our annual NDNComm Meeting at the University of Memphis March 23-24, 2017. For those who could not travel to Memphis, TN, you can view the archived video streams on the web. To do so, point your browser at http://www.caida.org/workshops/ndn/1703/. You can find details regarding the final meeting agenda and links to presentations and posters at http://www.caida.org/workshops/ndn/1703/.
- We held the 4th NDN Hackathon immediately following NDNcomm on 25-26 March, 2017. For more information about the projects and their outcomes please see http://4th-ndn-hackathon.named-data.net/.
- NDN C++ library NDN-CPP version v0.12.
- NDN Python library PyNDN version v2.5beta1. https://pypi.python.org/pypi/PyNDN
- NDN Java library jNDN version v0.15. http://search.maven.org/#search|ga|1|g%3A%22net.named-data%22
- The first release of the NDN .NET library NDN-DOT-NET version v0.1. This is suitable for .NET languages like C# and platforms like the Unity game engine. You can compile the C# code directly or use the included ndn-dot-net.dll . For details, see the INSTALL file:
- NDN Named-data Link State Routing Protocol (NLSR) version 0.3.2 A minor release aimed at fixing the security section of the configuration file without which NLSR fails to validate LSA data. More information about NLSR, tutorials, installation and configuration guides, and other useful information can be found online.
NDN Publications, Presentations, and Technical Reports
- NDN TR-54 Revision 1: Manika Mittal, Alex Afanasyev, and Lixia Zhang, “NDN Certificate Bundle.” The Certificate Bundle protocol provides a way to retrieve a set of the certificates needed to authenticate a data packet within one RTT and assures that the same place as data packet (original data publisher or a managed repo).
- NDN TR-55 Revision 2: Susmit Shannigrahi, Dan Massey, Christos Papadopoulos, “Traceroute for Named Data Networking.” This technical report begins to document Traceroute for Named Data Networking. We discuss the issues and trace-offs for such an implementation.
- NDN TR-43 Revision 2: Wentao Shang, Alexander Afanasyev, and Lixia Zhang. “The Design and Implementation of the NDN Protocol Stack for RIOT-OS.” This paper presents the design and implementation of the NDN protocol stack for RIOT-OS, a popular operating system for constrained IoT platforms.
The NDN seminars are internally focused. If you would like to participate in the NDN Seminars, please contact the PoC, UCLA PhD. candidate Spyridon Mastorakis <Spiros.firstname.lastname@example.org> for the most up-to-date information regarding upcoming seminars.
- 16 February 2017 Ashlesh Gawande (University of Memphis) “Partial Sync”
- 2 March 2017 Klaus Schneider (University of Arizona) ” How to Establish Loop-Free Multipath Routes in Named Data Networking”
- ACM ICN 2017 – CALL FOR POSTERS AND DEMOS 4th ACM Conference on Information-Centric Networking Berlin, Germany on Sep. 26-28, 2017
For more information about the Named Data Networking (NDN) Project please visit http://www.named-data.net/.Social tagging: hackathon > jndn > ndn seminar > ndn-js > ndncomm > pyndn > python > technical report