The NDN project team compiles and publishes this newsletter periodically to inform the community about recent activities, technical news, meetings, publications, presentations, code releases, and upcoming events. You can find these newsletters posted on the Named Data Networking Project blog.
- Registration remains open for NDNcomm at the University of Memphis March 23-24, 2017 immediately preceding IETF 98 in Chicago. The deadline to request travel grants is February 10, 2017. Register online. You can find details regarding the developing meeting agenda and accommodations at the NDNcomm 2017 page.
- Call for Hacks: we will hold the 4th NDN Hackathon immediately following NDNcomm on 25-26 March, 2017. Submission deadline: March 1, 2017 For more information please see http://4th-ndn-hackathon.named-data.net
- We released version 0.5.1 of Named Data Networking Forwarding Daemon (NFD) and ndn-cxx library.
More details about NFD, tutorials, HOWTOs, a FAQ and other useful resources are available on official webpages of NFD and ndn-cxx.
- NEW PPA binary packages now include support for arm64, armhf, and ppc64el CPU architectures.
- We released ndnSIM version 2.3, a new release of the NDN simulator. The new version includes the updated submodules of NFD and ndn-cxx (based on 0.5.0 with updates from the master branch) and features full support of NDNLPv2, including support for network NACKs. For more details about the release, refer to https://ndnsim.net/2.3/RELEASE_NOTES.html
- We released version 0.3.1 of Named-data Link State Routing Protocol (NLSR). More information about NLSR, release notes, tutorials, installation and configuration guides, and other useful information can be found at: http://named-data.net/doc/NLSR/0.3.1/
NDN Publications, Presentations, and Technical Reports
- Wentao Shang, Alexander Afanasyev, and Lixia Zhang, “The Design and Implementation of the NDN Protocol Stack for RIOT-OS” published in the proceedings of GLOBECOM Workshop on Information Centric Networking Solutions for Real World Applications, December 2016
The NDN seminars are internally focused. If you would like to participate in the NDN Seminars, please contact the PoC, UCLA PhD. candidate Spyridon Mastorakis <Spiros.email@example.com> for the most up-to-date information regarding upcoming seminars.
- 14 December 2016 Wentao Shang, (University of California, Los Angeles) “VectorSync design overview”
- 12 January 2016 Junxiao Shi (University of Arizona) “Technical Discussion of Self-Learning Strategy
- 2 February 2017 2pm Jongdeog Lee (University of Illinois, Urbana-Champagne) “SwiftNDN: NDN support for iOS”
For more information about the Named Data Networking (NDN) Project please visit http://www.named-data.net/.Social tagging: ndn seminar > ndn-cxx > ndncomm > ndnSIM > nfd