The NDN project team compiles and publishes this newsletter monthly to inform the community about recent activities, technical news, meetings, publications, presentations, code releases, and upcoming events. You can find these newsletters posted on the Named Data Networking Project blog.
- On 20-23 March 2016 we held the 2nd NDN Hackathon and Project Retreat. We welcomed over 30 participants for the Hackathon and over 50 for the Retreat to the University of California at San Diego campus in La Jolla, CA. The retreat focused on science applications, technical discussions with a focus on NFD development, autoconfiguration IoT over NDN, and architectural principles and future collaboration and funding opportunities. For final agenda, slides, and breakout outcomes see the web page at www.caida.org/workshops/ndn/1603/. For the final list of projects and links to code from the Hackathon, see http://2nd-ndn-hackathon.named-data.net/.
- We released version 0.11 of the the NDN Common Client Library for Java (jNDN). You can find code and documentation on the web at https://github.com/named-data/jndn – This release adds methods to support Name conventions and a bug fix for sending data with asyncrhonous TCP.
- We announced the release of version 0.4.1 of Named Data Networking Forwarding Daemon (NFD) and ndn-cxx library. Please see the detailed release notes for NFD and the release notes for ndn-cxx library.More details about NFD, source code, install instructions, tutorials, HOWTOs, a FAQ and other useful resources are available on the official webpages of NFD and ndn-cxx.The latest version of NFD developer’s guide revision 6 is released.
NDN Essential Tools updated to version 0.3.
NDN Publications, Presentations, and Technical Reports
- For links to the most recent presentations and breakout summaries, please see the 6th NDN Retreat 2016 web page for recent NDN presentations from the NDN Retreat.
- Our NDN Seminar series continued in March. The NDN seminars are internally focused. If you would like to participate in the NDN Seminars, please contact the new PoC, UCLA PhD. candidate Spyridon Mastorakis <Spiros.email@example.com> for the most up-to-date information regarding upcoming seminars.
- 2 March 2016 Susmit Shannigrahi (Colorado State University) “Scientific Data Applications in NDN”
- 16 March 2016 Ben Murphy (University of Memphis) “Performance measurements of Android devices in NDN”
For more information about the Named Data Networking (NDN) Project please visit http://www.named-data.net/.Social tagging: hackathon > jndn > ndn > ndn project retreat > ndn seminar > ndn-cxx > nfd > retreat