The NDN project team compiles and publishes this newsletter monthly to inform the community about recent activities, technical news, meetings, publications, presentations, code releases, and upcoming events. You can find these newsletters posted on the Named Data Networking Project blog.
- Save the date: We will host the NDN Community Meeting 2015 at the University of California at Los Angeles campus in the Little Theatre of McGowan Hall on 28-29 September 2015. We plan to hold a Hackathon on Sunday 27 September preceding the meeting.
- The NDN Testbed added a new node in Norway at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) to bring the total to 24 nodes. Currently, we have nodes in 9 different countries. We have two additional approved nodes that we will add soon. You can see the current status of the testbed at: http://ndndemo.arl.wustl.edu/ and the real time bandwidth usage at: http://ndnmap.arl.wustl.edu/.
- We are pleased to announce release of version 0.3.2 of Named Data Networking Forwarding Daemon (NFD) and ndn-cxx library. The detailed notes for the releases:
- – for NFD: http://named-data.net/doc/NFD/0.3.2/RELEASE_NOTES.html
- – for ndn-cxx library: http://named-data.net/doc/ndn-cxx/0.3.2/RELEASE_NOTES.html
- Source code, installation instructions for pre-compiled binaries tutorials, HOWTOs, a FAQ and updated developers guide available on the official webpages of NFD and ndn-cxx:
- NDN-CPP: https://github.com/named-data/ndn-cpp/blob/9d097e9f7fdec170a7f09e6d103df7f47a776123/CHANGELOG
- PyNDN: https://github.com/named-data/PyNDN2/blob/6155fc2a0342113edd911e057cbc92ab3f196bc1/CHANGELOG
- NDN-JS: https://github.com/named-data/ndn-js/blob/8b700a44c08f13b1987d6a29095e384aa427eb02/CHANGELOG
- jNDN: https://github.com/named-data/jndn/blob/e6e7a4add881590c972f382193253c9a5c15f60c/CHANGELOG
- We released Revision 4 of the “NFD Developer’s Guide.”
- Next in the NDN Memo series, we posted “Packet Fragmentation in NDN: Why NDN Uses Hop-By-Hop Fragmentation.”
- Junxiao Shi authored the protocol specification for the first batch of features in the NDN Link Protocol (NDNLPv2) and released the document for design review.
NDN Publications, Presentations, and Technical Reports
- “Reliably Scalable Name Prefix Lookup” Haowei Yuan and Patrick Crowley ACM/IEEE Symposium on Architectures for Networking and Communications Systems (ANCS 2015), May 7-8, 2015, Oakland, California, USA.
- “Synchronizing Namespaces with Invertible Bloom Filters” Wenliang Fu, Hila Ben Abraham, & Patrick Crowley ACM/IEEE Symposium on Architectures for Networking and Communications Systems (ANCS 2015), May 7-8, 2015, Oakland, California, USA.
- Patrick Crowley gave an introduction to Named Data Networking presentation at the DARPA-sponsored New Frontiers in Networking Workshop at MIT, Apr 30-Jun 1, 2015. http://named-data.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/new-frontier-ndn.pdf
- The NDN NP Team submitted nine papers to the 2nd ACM Conference on Information-Centric Networking (ICN 2015) to be held Sep. 30 – Oct. 2, 2015 in San Francisco, CA. http://conferences2.sigcomm.org/acm-icn/2015/
- Our NDN Seminar series continued during April. These seminars are internally focused. We usually hold these seminars on Wednesday from 2-3p (PST). So, if you would like to be included in the NDN Seminars, please contact Jongdeog Lee for the most up-to-date information regarding upcoming seminars.
- May 27: Prof. Pedro de las Heras Quires (UCLA Visiting Scholar) “Application of Macaroons for distributing encryption keys and providing access control in NDN applications.”
For more information about the Named Data Networking (NDN) Project please visit http://www.named-data.net/.Social tagging: jnd > ndn seminar > ndn-cp > ndn-cxx > ndn-js > ndncomm > ndnlp > nfd > presentation > pyndn > technical report > testbed