The Named Data Networking Community Meeting 2021 will be hosted by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) as a virtual meeting on October 28 and 29, 2021. The organizing committee cordially invites you to participate in this event and calls for your contributions.
NDNComm is an annual event that brings together a large community of researchers from academia, industry, and government, as well as users and other parties interested in the development of the Named Data Networking (NDN) technology. NDN is an architectural realization of the broad Information Centric Networking (ICN) vision that enables communications by named, secured data at the network layer. By aligning the network service with application needs, NDN offers many advantages, including stronger security and trustworthiness, enhanced network usability, as well as scalability and resiliency in network communication. In particular, NDN is especially suitable for emerging applications environments that include mobile edge computing, Internet of Things (IoT), and Low Latency Applications such as interactive AR/VR.
NDNcomm provides a community forum to discuss the state of NDN protocols, software, testbed, and its application to various network environments. While the topics cover all aspects of NDN, we are particularly interested in work that applies NDN to the problems it can potentially solve better than alternative technologies. We invite submissions from the broader NDN community for presentations, posters/demos (short presentations), and panels on topics including but not limited to:
- NDN in edge computing, IoT, mobile, and ad hoc environments;
- NDN applications, such as scientific data, education, entertainment, tactical edge, smart cities and transportation;
- Security and privacy at different layers of the architecture;
- Management and measurement for NDN networks;
- Accessibility of NDN in terms of tools/libraries/testbeds/etc;
- Technologies derived or taking advantage of the NDN heritage especially in data driven application and services;
- Novel APIs targeting a user-friendly experience for NDN application developers.
- Application scenarios/workflows that may benefit from NDN.
Please submit your abstract at this site: https://ndncomm2021.named-data.net/
Submissions should be made by September 18, 2021 and acceptance notifications will be sent out on a rolling basis. Please note that we plan to keep the submission site open until October 18, 2021; however, late submissions will only be accommodated if feasible. An abstract submission is not required for participation in NDNcomm 2021.