The NDN project team compiles and publishes this newsletter monthly to inform the community about recent activities, technical news, meetings, publications, presentations, code releases, and upcoming events. You can find these newsletters posted on the Named Data Networking Project blog.
- Call for proposals: The 3rd Named Data Networking (NDN) Hackathon November 4-5th, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO Submission deadline: October 26, 2016 Acceptance notification: October 31, 2016
- As part of ICN 2016, the NDN Team presented a full-day tutorial on “Exploring NDN Research through Real World Problem Solving” at the 3rd ACM Conference on Information Centric Networking (ICN 2016).
- Coming up in December 2016, adjacent to IEEE Globecom 2016 at the Workshop on Information Centric Networking Solutions for Real World Applications (ICNSRA 2016) in Washington D.C., the NDN team will present two publications (listed below) as well as participate on a panel discussing “Application of ICN in Infrastructure-Free Environments: Rural Areas, Disaster Recovery, and Military Tactical Environments.
- Save the date: We have revised our plans to host the next NDNcomm at the University of Memphis March 23-24, 2017 immediately preceding IETF 98 in Chicago. We will hold the 4th NDN Hackathon immediately preceding NDNcomm on 22 March, 2017. Lan Wang and Christos Papadopolous will serve as co-chairs.
- We released version 0.5.0 of Named Data Networking Forwarding Daemon (NFD) and ndn-cxx library.
The detailed release notes for NFD and for ndn-cxx library are available. More details about NFD, tutorials, HOWTOs, a FAQ and other useful resources are available on official webpages of NFD and ndn-cxx.
- The Department of Energy announced that startup Operant Solar is a SunShot winner for a project using NDN. Operant will apply NDN for networking in their residential solar panel communications system in collaboration with UCLA to build a running prototype.
NDN Publications, Presentations, and Technical Reports
- Alexander Afanasyev, Junxiao Shi, Beichuan Zhang, Lixia Zhang, Ilya Moiseenko, Yingdi Yu, Wentao Shang, Yanbiao Li, Spyridon Mastorakis, Yi Huang, Jerald Paul Abraham, Steve DiBenedetto, Chengyu Fan, Christos Papadopoulos, Davide Pesavento, Giulio Grassi, Giovanni Pau, Hang Zhang, Tian Song, Haowei Yuan, Hila Ben Abraham, Patrick Crowley, Syed Obaid Amin, Vince Lehman, Muktadir Chowdhury, and Lan Wang, “NFD Developer’s Guide” Technical report, revision 7. To help developers extend and improve NFD, this document explains NFD’s internals including overal design, major modules, their implementations, and their interactions.
- As part of an Internet2 Technical Exchange Featured Session , PI k claffy presented “A Brief History of a Future Internet: The Named Data Networking Architecture,” a (streamable) pre-event webinar.
- We published a new video faq by J. Alex Halderman on security
- The NDN seminars are internally focused. If you would like to participate in the NDN Seminars, please contact the PoC, UCLA PhD. candidate Spyridon Mastorakis <Spiros.firstname.lastname@example.org> for the most up-to-date information regarding upcoming seminars.
- 5 October 2016 2pm Wentao Shang (UCLA), “The Design and Implementation of the NDN Protocol Stack for RIOT-OS”
- NSF CI-NEW: Collaborative: Building the Core NDN Infrastructure to Advance Information-Centric Networking Research, $2.5M, 9/1/2016-8/31/2019. University of Arizona (Beichuan Zhang, lead), UCLA (Jeff Burke, Lixia Zhang), University of Memphis (Lan Wang), Washington University at St. Louis (Patrick Crowley).
The goal of this project is to support the evaluation, experimentation, and further development of the Named Data Networking (NDN) architecture through building the core NDN infrastructure as a community resource, serving to advance research in the Information-Centric Networking (ICN) paradigm.
- IEEE Access Journal (Indexed by SCI-E, IF: 1.270) is accepting submissions to our Special Section on “Future Networks: Architectures, Protocols, and Applications.”
For more information about the Named Data Networking (NDN) Project please visit http://www.named-data.net/.Social tagging: ci-new > hackathon > icnsra > ndn seminar > ndn-cxx > ndncomm > nfd