The NDN project team compiles and publishes this newsletter periodically to inform the community about recent activities, technical news, meetings, publications, presentations, code releases, and upcoming events. You can find these newsletters posted on the Named Data Networking Project blog.
- We will host our next NDNcomm at the University of Memphis March 23-24, 2017 immediately preceding IETF 98 in Chicago. We will hold the 4th NDN Hackathon immediately following NDNcomm on 25-26 March, 2017. You can find details regarding the meeting, travel grants, and accommodations at the NDNcomm webpage.
- Coming up in December 2016, adjacent to IEEE Globecom 2016 at the Workshop on Information Centric Networking Solutions for Real World Applications (ICNSRA 2016) in Washington D.C., the NDN team will present a publication (listed below) as well as participate on a panel discussing “Application of ICN in Infrastructure-Free Environments: Rural Areas, Disaster Recovery, and Military Tactical Environments.
- On the heels of our recent NDN Retreat, we held the 3rd Named Data Networking (NDN) Hackathon November 4-5th, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO. See which projects took home the coveted Quadcopter Mini Drones at the 3rd NDN Hackathon page.
- We released the NDN Platform version 0.5.0 with updates to NFD, ndn-cxx version 0.5.0, the latest Common Client Library releases, and updates to NLSR and Mini-NDN. For details and links to the packages, see the NDN Platform version 0.5.0 page
- We released version 0.5.0 of Named Data Networking Forwarding Daemon (NFD) and ndn-cxx library. Please find detailed release notes: – NFD and ndn-cxx library
More details about NFD, source code, install instructions, tutorials, HOWTOs, a FAQ and other useful resources are available on the official webpages of NFD and ndn-cxx.
Also see the latest version of the NFD developer’s guide.
- We released the NDN Python library PyNDN version v2.4beta1 with support for the ImplicitSha256Digest Name component.
- We released the NDN Java library jNDN version v0.14 with support for the ImplicitSha256Digest Name component. See jNDN on the central repository
- As part of the Enterprise Building Automation & Management activities UCLA began publishing live building monitoring system data to a repository accessible on the testbed. Researchers interested in using the data for experiments should contact Zhehao @ REMAP for more information on the data and namespace.
NDN Publications, Presentations, and Technical Reports
- Wentao Shang, Alexander Afanasyev, and Lixia Zhang, “The Design and Implementation of the NDN Protocol Stack for RIOT-OS” to be presented at GLOBECOM Workshop on Information Centric Networking Solutions for Real World Applications, December 2016.
- NDN TR-28 Revision 2: Spyridon Mastorakis, Alexander Afanasyev, Ilya Moiseenko, and Lixia Zhang, “ndnSIM 2: An updated NDN simulator for NS-3” to match the simulation platform to the latest advancements of NDN research. It uses the ndn-cxx library (NDN C++ library with eXperimental eXtensions) and the NDN Forwarding Daemon (NFD) to enable experiments with real code in a simulation environment.
The NDN seminars are internally focused. If you would like to participate in the NDN Seminars, please contact the PoC, UCLA PhD. candidate Spyridon Mastorakis
- 5 October 2016 2pm Wentao Shang (UCLA), “The Design and Implementation of the NDN Protocol Stack for RIOT-OS”
- 30 November 2016 2pm Susmit Shannigrahi, Chengyu Fan, Christos Papadopoulos (CSU), “Applying NDN to large scientific data”
- 14 December 2016 2pm Wentao Shang, “VectorSync design overview”
- 11 January 2016 2pm Junxiao Shi, “Technical Discussion of Self-Learning Strategy
For more information about the Named Data Networking (NDN) Project please visit http://www.named-data.net/.Social tagging: jndn > mini-ndn > ndn > ndn seminar > ndn-js > ndncomm > nfd > nlsr > pyndn > riot-os